Friday, April 20, 2007

And now, the rest of the story.... (about Senator Harry Reid's statement)

All morning I've been hearing CNN and others state that Senator Harry Reid said "The War is Lost". The White House is 'outraged' and someone was interviewing Gen. Barry McCaffrey, and I thought to myself, it's true, and most people have come to the same conclusion, but to bluntly come out and say it like that...

Then I heard 'the rest of the story'... There was something missing from that quote that everyone's repeating, and it's called the beginning of his sentence.

When I heard the complete sentence I said to myself "well, now I totally agree with him. Now the 'outrage' from the White House can be seen for what it is, completely manufactured ".

I've come to expect this type of lame attempt of cutting and pasting of sound bites from media organizations like Fox and the White House Press Spokeswoman, but when CNN Headline News is repeating this misleading story every 15 minutes. That is an outrage.

The full sentence was more like "As long as we follow the President's plan, the war is lost".

It totally changes the meaning and intent of the sentence, and to only repeat the last part is dishonest and unethical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but need to be on-topic and civil.