Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Red Sox vs Bush

The Blog | Rep. John Conyers: The Constitution in Crisis: Censure and Investigate Possible Impeachment | The Huffington Post

I was thinking, what would I do if I had to choose between the Red Sox winning the World Series or impeaching Bush?

Can we have BOTH? I'd say they're both long overdue.

In the interest of humanity of course, if it came down to one or the other, I'd have to choose impeachment.

As anyone around me at the time could tell you, when Bush was "elected" I stated [MANY times] that "this clown* is going to get us into a war". I'm not sure exactly HOW I knew, but the feeling was strong.
What I DIDN'T know was how far they'd go in persuit of their (and the religious right's) goals.

The truth doesn't seem to matter, and apparently neither does the law.

If we as a country let all of this go it tells other countries that [we] accept this kind of behavior from our president and that we don't hold him responsible when he breaks the law. It would also make the American people somewhat complicit in his transgressions.

When you take a serious look at all the potentially (and outright) criminal actions this administration has committed, it really puts the impeachment (aka "Witch Hunt") of Clinton in perspective doesn't it? One lied about sex (I'm pretty sure nobody DIED because of that), and the other lied about the reason he committed our military to an unecessary war (and so many other things).

I vote for IMPEACHMENT!
And not just for Bush.
For Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld, and Meyers too.


* And other terms of endearment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but need to be on-topic and civil.