Thursday, June 30, 2005

Another case of Republican hypocrisy.

I think that most people would agree that allowing a representative from a country known for human rights abuses shouldn't be heading a UN committee on Human Rights. To most people that's just common sense.

So why is it that many House Republicans (who I recall expressing those same sentiments) sit idly by and through their actions/inaction are willing to let the Chairman of the House Ethics Committee preside over the Ethics Committee when he has his own ethics problems?

Our courts don't let accused criminals sit in judgement of themselves do they?
Of course not! So why is Dennis Hastert allowing this to happen?

It seems to me that especially in this case (as the saying goes, "The inmates are in charge of the asylum!").

Sometimes I'd swear that I've slipped into an alternate universe where up is down, and I'm just left shaking my head in disbelief. That happens all too often in these dark days of "King George".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but need to be on-topic and civil.