Friday, June 24, 2005

I'm a veteran, and I'm PISSED!

Funds for Health Care of Veterans $1 Billion Short

As a veteran, this [literally] makes me SICK!

Wouldn't you think that with all the trouble recruiting soldiers these days, continuing to underfund VA Hospitals (who were in really bad shape BEFORE this. Go visit one if you don't believe me..) is the LAST thing our elected officials would do.

The person(s) responsible for the cuts must be heartless.

I'd bet that if THEY had to rely on the VA (I'm betting that they're not veterans) for their health care, instead of cutting a billion $$ they'd finally FIX the broken VA system.

It's tragic, it's disgusting, and unfortunately par for the course for the Right-Wingers currently gorging themselves in a bloody "feeding frenzy" of powergrabs and "payback".

The courageous men and women of the military who put their lives on the line for our country deserve the BEST care we can afford, not the WORST!

My God, who would even THINK of cutting an already underfunded Veterans Administration. How do you think this news is going to make the soldiers feel who are risking their lives in Iraq?
Of course that's one of the reasons the scumbags responsible for the cuts didn't want this news to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but need to be on-topic and civil.